Saturday, September 6, 2014

Stepping Out In Faith

How do you respond to crisis?  Have you ever had to step out in faith?  In chapter 7 of Esther, we see her courageously reveals her heritage to save her people.  She then exposes Haman for the evil man that he is.  

In this scripture we are taken to the second feast that Esther has prepared for King Ahasuerus and Haman.  And what a feast it was!  The king again asks Esther what her heart's desire was, that he would grant her wish, because he was so pleased with her.  She responds the following way:

"Then Queen Esther answered, “If I have found favor in your sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be granted me for my wish, and my people for my request.  For we have been sold, I and my people, to be destroyed, to be killed, and to be annihilated. If we had been sold merely as slaves, men and women, I would have been silent, for our affliction is not to be compared with the loss to the king.” (v. 3-4)

Esther was bold in her request.  She was stepping out in faith.  She believed that God would save her and her people.  She was able to point out to the king the evil deeds of Haman.  It says in Psalm 73:12-13,

"This is what the wicked are like—
always carefree, they increase in wealth.
Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure;
in vain have I washed my hands in innocence."

Doesn't this describe Haman perfectly?  Are you ever faced with the wicked?  Do you ever feel like the wicked always prospers?  Haman was one of these wicked.  He was elevated into a high position all the while plotting the destruction of the Jewish people.  I'm sure when we feel like others are elevated to positions that we don't deserve because of their wicked doings, that they will never be punished for those deeds.  But, in the end, they will.  It may not be in the time that we think it should happen.  Everything always happens in God's time.  Just as it did with Haman.  

Remember this:  God will honor you when  you boldly do what is right!


No comments:

Post a Comment